Pet Wellness Exams at Quail Hollow Veterinary Hospital
Preventive veterinary care is an important part of keeping your pet healthy and happy. A routine pet wellness exam allows your veterinarian to diagnose, treat, and protect pets from a serious illness. At Quail Hollow Veterinary Hospital in Charlotte, NC, we provide pet wellness exams for preventative veterinary care to make sure your pet is happy and healthy.
Pet Wellness Exams & Preventive Care
If you want to keep your pet healthy and happy throughout their life, it’s important that you keep up with his/her preventive vet care. This includes taking your pet for a wellness exam twice a year. During the comprehensive physical exam, our vet will be able to evaluate and assess your pet’s health care needs while looking for early signs of disease or other concerns. By detecting and addressing these health issues early on, the vet will be able to offer effective treatment before the condition becomes more serious or costly.
Benefits of Routine Pet Exams
Regular wellness check-ups help ensure that your pet is healthy and active through every stage of his/her life. Here are just a few of the benefits of taking your pet for routine pet exams:
- Short-Term Wellness – A veterinary exam helps ensure that your pet’s health is on track with routine vaccinations, weight management, and more.
- Long-Term Wellness – Taking your pet for an exam twice a year can actually help extend his/her life by addressing health issues before they become critical.
- Disease Prevention – Vaccinations given during the routine exam can help protect your pet from diseases, many of which can be fatal.
What to Expect During the Exam
When you bring your pet into Quail Hollow Veterinary Hospital for a routine pet wellness exam, our veterinarian will start by reviewing your pet’s medical history and asking if you have any concerns about your pet’s health. If you have noticed any changes in behavior, activity levels, weight, or appetite, you should mention these concerns.
Then, our vet will perform a comprehensive physical examination, including:
- Checking your pet’s eyes, mouth, ears, and nose for any issues or concerns.
- Looking at your pet’s teeth and nails to ensure they look healthy.
- Examining your pet’s fur and skin for signs of irritation or parasites.
- Looking for any signs of pain or discomfort in your pets legs, tail, abdomen, or hind end.
If our veterinarian notices any issues or signs of concern, they may run diagnostic tests to help determine the issue. They will also discuss other preventative measures such as flea and tick treatment or heartworm prevention.
Make an Appointment with our Charlotte Veterinarians at Quail Hollow Veterinary Hospital
How long has it been since your pet’s last wellness exam? It’s important that your pet gets a comprehensive physical exam twice a year to maintain optimal health. If it’s time for your pet’s wellness check-up, don’t hesitate to contact Quail Hollow Veterinary Hospital in Charlotte, NC to schedule a vet care exam. To make an appointment, call us today at (704) 278-8000.